Pardon my language but FUCK this week was a doozy. I don't necessarily mean with classes although due to spending more than 40 unscheduled hours in a hospital I would have to claim myself as a wee bit behind this week. The smarter thing to do would have to have been to bring the books I was assigned to read to the hospital- and by the fourth visit I should have known the wait was going to be like five or six hours, clearly there was no room in my mind for thinking logically. Don't worry everyone, I am completely healthy, sadly, I suppose it is just not time for me to be a Mother.
Moving along-as I plan to do quite rapidly- I am going to speak about my assignment. I was really happy with my 7.5 . It showed me what I can do, and can not do as well. I knew my writing style was weak and to be honest I was not surprised I was one of the ones below average. I will use that as an eye opener for future blogs (not this one) and assignments. Now that I have seen a presentation on how 'cool' the writing center actually is and that my mere presence will only intensify this 'said' coolness, I think I may have to give that a shot. This assignment was pretty fun to do. As I mentioned I love playing my guitar ,and any chance I have to show-off that I really do know how to play, I will take. I'm not going to lie, I have played in front of a group of people, in fact, a group much larger than the one in class. The difference was I had some backup ( yeah- I was in a band ), and we were all a bit drunker. Needless to say, my nerves were off the charts and what no one knew was I changed the guitar last minute to make it more upbeat. The lyrics themselves were simple to do, I like to think of creative writing as my second nature, or maybe even third or fourth.
Above is some captured footage I had my friend Katherine video
tape, and to the side is a photograph of Mark Lipton and I. The photograph was right about the point when I was asking Mark to read the acrostic poem in the last verse of my crown of sonnets. However, asking him to read that did not go over as smoothly as I thought when he announced that he, in fact, did not know what an acrostic poem was. I was a little embarrassed for him. (ha ha, just kidding). After he tried about three times, followed by me having to tell him what in fact an acrostic poem was the humour of what it had spelled out was lost. I wish we had gotten that on video. (ha ha)
I am not going to state that this project in any way changed my life, nor did I really find out anything new about myself. I mean, I knew I was basically the greatest thing to come into the creative world, and I knew I had minor writing technique faults, that is just a given. But I will say it was a great project and I enjoyed doing it. P.S. PLEASE ( I know it is not right to use caps as it signifies yelling) try not to look at my legs in these pictures. They are caught at a terrible angle ( I tell myself) and the sight of them may or may not make you feel nauseated. So when you are on a date with your dog bingo tonight and feel you can not eat, remember I warned you. (insert sweet smiling face here :D)
No comments:
Post a Comment